www.codec.ai (the “Website”) is owned and operated by Spore London Limited (“Spore London”, “we”, “us” or “our”), which contains information about our business and services. As part of our business, we provide bespoke marketing services (the “Service”) to our clients, who are mostly retail brands, advertisers and online retailers.
2. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
2.1. We collect and/or receive data from social media platforms (“Social Media Data”), directly from our clients (“Client Data”) and from our Website (“Website Data”).
2.2. Social Media Data: we may retrieve publicly available personal and non-personal information about you that has been made available to social media platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Twitter. This could include:
- 2.2.1. your name;
- 2.2.2. preferences;
- 2.2.3. comments;
- 2.2.4. user ID’s;
- 2.2.5. cookies and other online identifiers;
- 2.2.6. location information;
- 2.2.7. demographic information;
- 2.2.8. your age; and
- 2.2.9. data obtained from online identifiers such as Google advertising cookies, unique user identifiers and anonymous means of identifying you when you visit social media platforms.
2.3. Client Data: we may be provided with personal and non-personal information and data from our clients. This could include:
- 2.3.1. your name and address;
- 2.3.2. your email address;
- 2.3.3. your phone number;
- 2.3.4. your usernames and passwords including your social media account usernames; and
- 2.3.5. data obtained from online identifiers such as Google advertising cookies, unique user identifiers and anonymous means of identifying you when you visit the websites of our clients.
2.4. Website Data: we may ask you for, or you may submit, personal and non-personal information and data to us when you use the Website. This could include:
- 2.4.1. your name and email address;
- 2.4.2. company name; and
- 2.4.3. online identifiers such as Google advertising cookies, unique user identifiers and anonymous means of identifying you when you visit the Website.
2.5. When you get in contact with us we may keep records of what is communicated. This is to ensure we have a record of our discussion for future reference and so we can provide services to you more efficiently.
3. USES OF DATA
We use data for the following purposes:
3.1. Google advertising cookies, unique user identifiers and anonymous identifiers: this applies to all types of data (Social Media Data, Client Data and Website Data) and may be used to conduct analytics on your visits to our Website, social media platforms and websites of our clients. Such data may also be used to build unique user profiles, including by recording and analysing user behaviour, location, audience, demographic and interest data. This information may be used in order to enable the remarketing of users and may be shared with Google.
3.2. Social Media Data and Client Data: to analyse user trends and preferences, to devise appropriate marketing content, to understand which potential new features, advertising or campaigns are likely to interest our clients or their customers, to create a database to devise appropriate marketing content; to improve the quality and design of our Service and to attribute social media accounts to audience segments.
3.3. Website Data: to register and administer your user account, to analyse whether your company has the budget or capacity to buy our products, to track whether your company receives investment or raises large amounts of capital and to contact your company with news or to offer you additional services,
3.4. Social Media Data, Client Data and Website Data may also be used to:
- 3.4.1. enable our compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
- 3.4.2. enable your use of the Website and associated services;
- 3.4.3. provide you with an up to date, efficient and reliable service; and
- 3.4.4. generally run and improve the Website.
4. DATA SHARING
4.1. We may disclose personal information about you to other members of our group of companies or to trusted third parties (both inside and outside of the European Economic Area):
- 4.1.1. for marketing purposes; and
- 4.1.2. to enable us to receive services which help us operate the Website.
4.2. Your personal information may also be disclosed:
- 4.2.1. if we buy or sell any businesses or assets
- 4.2.2. with a view to preventing fraud or reducing credit risk; and
- 4.2.3. if we are obliged to do so to comply with law, regulations or a court order; if it is necessary to enforce any of our terms and conditions or any other agreements to which we are a party; if it is necessary to protect our rights, property or the safety of our customers or Website users.
5. MANAGEMENT OF DATA
5.1. We will only use information collected about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
5.3. If you believe we have information about you that you do not want us to have or that you think is incorrect, please contact us.
5.4. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to us or sent to us by our clients. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5.5. We only keep copies of all types of data for the purpose and duration of providing the Services. Once the Services have been completed and delivered to our clients, all Client Data, including social media ID’s, is purged from our system.
5.6. All data that we receive from our clients is stored separately from data that we collect ourselves. No Client Data, nor any data directly generated from Client Data, is stored by us after the Services have been completed. Only the final deliverables that we deliver to our clients are kept by us for our internal records.
6.1. We use ‘cookies’ and similar technologies on the Website. We may also receive cookie data from social media platforms and our clients in order to assist with our delivery of the Service. Cookies are small computer files which the Website, social media platforms and our clients’ websites may store in your internet browser, enabling information to be transmitted to and from your internet browser and those websites. Cookies may also be stored in your internet browser by or on behalf of third parties, such as Google.
6.2. Cookies enable anonymous information about you to be recorded, including: the type of internet browser you use, your computer operating system, the websites you have visited, the areas of the Website, social media platforms and our clients’ websites you visit and your IP address (which can provide information about your approximate geographic location). Cookies cannot be used to disclose your individual identity.
6.3. Cookies may be used in order to:
- 6.3.1. learn about how the websites are being used and which types of individuals are using the websites;
- 6.3.2. record and report user behaviour, location, audience, demographic and interest data;
- 6.3.3. build unique user profiles;
- 6.3.4. record which other websites have referred users to the Website;
- 6.3.5. optimise the Website and improve our services (including the Service);
- 6.3.6. make it easier for you to fill in forms on the Website;
- 6.3.7. enable the Website to remember your preferences;
- 6.3.8. enable aspects of the Website to be customised; and
- 6.3.9. provide relevant advertising.
7.1. We give you a choice of whether or not you want us or other companies to contact you about offers, events, products and services that may interest you.
7.3. We might send you marketing emails about products or services which are similar to or related to the Website, or contact you by email with information about the Website. We will not send you any other marketing emails or pass your information on to third parties unless you give your consent or you have given it already.
8. DATA RETENTION
We will only hold data about you for as long as necessary, bearing in mind the purpose for which that data was collected.
9.1. If you follow a link from the Website to any third party websites, you should be aware that those websites may have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for those websites. Please check the policies of any third party websites before submitting any personal data to them.
9.3. All questions, comments or enquiries should be directed to us. We will try to respond to you within 48 hours.
SPORE LONDON LIMITED
Company Number 09317871
2-10 Capper Street,
London WC1E 6JA